Monday, December 06, 2010

Chris Voight, Washington State Potato Commission, eats 20 plain potatoes each day for 60 days

Chris Voight works for the Washington State Potato Commission.

To prove to people that the potato is a nutritious food and not just an empty carb, he has eaten 20 potatoes a day, and little else, for 60 days.

He has produced some funny videos which he has posted along with his blood work on his website: http://www.20potatoesaday.com/

"Hi, I'm Chris Voigt, and I'm eating 20 Potatoes a day, for 60 days straight.

I'm the Executive Director of the Washington State Potato Commission. In an effort to remind the public about the nutritional value of potatoes, I am going on a diet consisting of ONLY POTATOES, nothing else. No toppings, no chili, no sour cream, no cheese, no gravy, just potatoes and maybe some seasonings or herbs and a little oil for some of the cooking.

I will be on this "potato only" diet for 60 days straight, starting October 1st and ending November 29th. I want to show the world that the potato is so healthy, that you could live off them alone for an extended period of time, without any negative impact to your health. And who knows, maybe it will make me healthier by lowering my blood pressure and cholesterol?

As part of this 60 day diet, I will be posting online videos, comments, and blogs about how the diet is going, interesting trivia about the potato, and some zany stuff too! You can follow the diet and let me know what you think here!

Each Monday I'll announce a contest for the week where you could win some cool potato stuff! I look forward to hearing what you think about my 20 potatoes a day! Remember to tell your friends and come back often!

Chris Voigt
Washington State Potato Commission
509-765-8845
info@20potatoesaday.com

Home Diet Facts Blog Videos Contact Us Diet Facts A person my height and weight needs to consume 2200 calories a day just to maintain my weight. An average potato (5.3 oz) contains 110 calories. I'll need to eat 20 potatoes a day to maintatin my weight. Below is an example of the nutrients I'll be getting from my 20 potatoes a day... Vitamin C
Vitamin B6
Potassium
Dietary Fiber
Maganese
Magnesium
Phosphorus
Copper
Thiamin
Niacin
Iron
Protein
Folate
Pantothenic Acid
Vitamin K
Zinc
Ribofalvin
Calcium
Selenium
Vitamin E
Vitamin A 942%
423%
345%
252%
220%
165%
164%
155%
153%
151%
124%
116%
115%
85%
68%
55%
54%
34%
12%
1%
1%

No comments: